Membership & Stewardship
Ways to give
In its most basic form, the Church is a family, a community – one that is, in our case rooted in the Christian faith of our ancestors. Accordingly the Church thrives in proportion to the love, commitment, and financial contributions of our community members. Without question, increasing participation in our Stewardship Program and growing our Church Membership are essential to furthering the Mission of St. Stephens Armenian Apostolic Church.
An Invitation to Give
Does is seem like your church is always asking you for money? Would you believe it if we told you that financial giving not only helps the church but is important for Good spiritual health and provides many benefits to you and your family.
We have created this section of the website to provide you more information about financial giving to St. Stephen's; who gains, how your money is used, and ways to give.
What's in it for me?
Let's face it, money is always tight and we're constantly being asked to support one great cause after another. But did you ever stop to consider the benefits that giving to your church provides?
"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continues to meet together in the temples courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily..."
Holy Scripture describes the life of the earliest Christians (Act 2:42-47). Among their many other acts of faithfulness, giving was essential and was met with huge returns Throughout Scripture we see a serious mandate to give, but also the promise of great blessing when we do:
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, "How do we rob you?" in tithes and offerings... Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have enough room for it. Then all the nations will call you blessed, fro yours will be a delightful land..."
We have heard countless stories of people whose finances actually improved when they set aside their 10% ("the full tithe" for God. It's amazing what God will do in response to your faith and faithfulness.
St. Stephen's is one of the most active Armenian Apostolic congregations in the United States and offers many activities including:
• Weekly Badarak and various special services throughout the liturgical year
• Adult and youth choirs
• Adult Bible Studies
• Sunday School (grades Nursery -12)
• Accredited, award-winning elementary school (grades pre-5)
• Saturday School (Grades K-12)
• Ladies Guild
• Annual events such as a Bazaar and summer Picnic
• Affiliate of ACEC, home of various Armenian social, educational, and cultural events
More Personal Benefits
Dues paying members have the right to vote at all parish meetings. It is a privilege in a hierarchal tradition to have the opportunity to influence the decisions of the Church.
Membership has it's privileges. Below is a list of some of the services that church provides, which are offered at lower costs to dues-paying members.
Schedule of fees
- Full time youth pastor
- Part-time educational director
- Social outreach activities (local/Armenia)
- Expansion of school and office space via the purchase of additional property
- Annual Membership dues: Should be paid in January of each year. $125 per individual / $250 per couple
- Yearly Pledge (tithe): A portion (typically 1-10%) of your salary. Often paid on a monthly basis
- Weekly offering during church services
- Easter and Christmas "Youghakin": Extra gifts on special occasions to "keep the oil lamps burning."
- Endowment fund contribution
- A planned gift (such as a bequest or an annuity) of cash, stock or bond.
- BRAND NEW we are now able accept donations online, it's safe, simple and fast.